51. Anxious to Awesome using Ayurveda & Yoga Therapy with Mira Binzen
Mira Binzen is primarily a kids yoga teacher and family yoga therapist, but if you don't have young children at home, please don't skip this episode!
This episode is PACKED with actionable tips and explanations of yoga practices including mudras (hand positions), asanas (poses), meditation tools that work for folks who may feel too anxious to meditate, and more.
Mira Binzen, C-IAYT, has worked with children with disabilities and mental health concerns like anxiety since she was in high school. Mira was an anxious kid and is sometimes still an anxious adult. But she’s got tools and a lifestyle that helps her handle it with grace. And now you will too.
In addition to being a certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT), she is also a certified iRest® Yoga Nidra teacher, a certified essential oil specialist and has a degree in Child Psychology from the University of Minnesota. She has been teaching wellness strategies to children and families since 1999.
Mira has a knack for taking the complex and seemingly mysterious practices from ancient wisdom and making them fun and accessible for families today. She’s been teaching her signature Anxious to Awesome™ classes to families like yours for more than a decade.
Some key topics covered in the episode:
- The Panchamaya Kosha (five energetic sheaths) model used therapeutically
- The relationship between yoga and Ayurveda
- How anxiety manifests from an Ayurvedic standpoint
- The relationship between anxiety and trauma, and how yoga can help
- Busting myths about deep breathing & meditation (along with super simple practices you can try right where you are!!)
- Pratipaksha Bhavana and the CBT technique of changing our stinkin' thinkin'
- A breakdown of Yoga Nidra and Richard Miller's technique for cultivating an inner resource for when things are tough, from iRest
If you want to get in touch with Mira or find her work:
Free download of the first chapter of her book, Anxious To Awesome: A Practical Guide for the Whole Family.
We'll be running this 21-day journey again in October. But better is a little 3-day back-to-school mini journey in August.
Mira's website: https://www.anxioustoawesome.com/
Find Mira on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalFamilyWellness
If you want to get in touch with Rosemary or find her work:
If you enjoy this podcast and want to say cheers or support this work, buy me a coffee!
Or you can poke around on my website to find out more about who I am and what I do: www.yogiscopes.com
If you're reading this or listening, I'm grateful that our paths have crossed and would love to connect with you on instagram or facebook!
Don't forget to like, subscribe, rate, follow, share, give me all the digital warm and fuzzies, and stay in the light!